COMMUNITY SUPPORT SOLUTIONS
This is one of the projects where Tsebo has been involved over a long period of time. Tsebo started supporting this project in 1996.
The project is based in Port Elizabeth and it is a home for boys taken off the streets. The boys come to the home at a very young age and they grow up there until they are educated and ready to work. Tsebo has been supporting the project by giving meals twice a week.
The boys are highly involved with sport and some of them represent South Africa on different sporting codes.
This is a project that was started in 2005 and involves the Tsebo Foundation working with the local secondary school teachers to identify high flyers in grade 11, who are then assisted so that when they pass matric they can go to reputable tertiary institutions.
– Tsebo pays for their studies until they graduate.
– During the study years they do their in-service training within the Tsebo Group.
This is a school in Tongaat that houses 300 children from Grade R up to Matric.
– The kids have different disabilities and most of them require 24 hour attention.
– Tsebo renovated the school and assisted the school with planting the vegetable garden.
– In 2011, Tsebo staff spent Mandela Day at this project painting and serving the kids lunch and cake.